Why is a Second Opinion necessary?
Second opinions are sometimes necessary in medicine because a misdiagnosis with our heath can have significant consequences. The same is true of our financial well being. A second opinion can help you determine if your portfolio is properly designed to achieve your goals. It also affords you the opportunity to make necessary changes before it is too late.
A financial second opinion also allows you to ask questions you may have but simply didn't know who to ask. The financial second opinion enhances your ability to:
- make informed decisions about your money
- take actions that are in harmony with your values
Real Life Scenarios where a Second Opinion can help:
- Pre-retirement planning
- Planning for those seeking to make work optional
- Liquidity events such as the sale of property or a business
- Maximizing the effectiveness of charitable giving
- Divorce planning
- Retirement income planning
What's in it for you?
- Understand where you are now, where you'd like to go, and any potential gaps for getting there.
- Find out if your existing advisor is doing a good job for you -- why or why not?
- If you lack an advisor, gain an understanding of the depth and range of advice we give our clients and how you might benefit from working with us.
How does it work?
During the second opinion service we will assess your current investment plan, determine any gaps and opportunities, and review your long-term financial goals and objectives. If you are achieving your objectives with your current advisor we will let you know.
Conversely, if you are not meeting your goals and need a new approach, we will ask whether we are the right financial advisor to assist you in achieving all that is important to you. If neither your current advisor nor we are well suited for you, we will recommend another advisor for you.
There is no fee and no obligation on your part to participate in the second opinion service. We ask that you commit to two 1.5-hour meetings and submit pertinent financial statements and documents to us for review. Give us a call at 912.353.9343 to schedule the first meeting. We will send you a list of the documents to bring to the meeting. It's that easy to get started.